5 Steps to Streamlining Your Workflow
The average employee admits to wasting three hours of every eight-hour workday on unnecessary or personal tasks. That’s 15 hours every week doing tasks that do not promote workflow efficiency.
Although you can’t make up for the wasted time, here are a few easy steps to streamline your workflow and boost productivity.
1. Analyze Your Current Workflow
- Before you do anything, you need to analyze the workflow processes you already have in place.
- Your goal here is to figure out how you have been operating so far and determine what is and isn’t working.
2. Organize Efficiently
By keeping workflows efficient means organizing projects and schedules so you know what’s coming up. Having a good timekeeping process is essential to organizing your time productively.
The ultimate keyboard for professionals, creatives and artists alike to keep you productive.
Along with an organized schedule, eliminating clutter from your desk can also help improve your workflow in the long run. So sort through the pile of papers, rewrite and update your task list, and delete any resolved emails.
3. Use Accessories That Enhance Your Workflow
Having the right equipment at your fingertips is important to help you work efficiently.
Inspired by vintage camera lenses, the FOQO Keyboard features a seven-way control knob with four modes: multimedia control, back lighting control, joystick and customizable commands.
This centralized control streamlines the complexity of multi-keys commands executions into an intuitive one-stop solution for a more productive workday.
4. Test Your New Workflow
- The best thing you can do to identify the effectiveness of your new workflow is to test it. To do this, you will have to evaluate how it responds to the live work environment.
- For example, you can consider applying your new work process in your day to day tasks or in an upcoming project.
5. Be Ready to Make Changes
- No workflow is perfect.
- Therefore, once you have made improvements in your existing work process, be ready to refine it over time until you find what works for you.
It may take a lot of your time and effort to get started, but following these steps to streamline your workflow will help you improve your productivity and the work process you already have.